Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Anyone else seeing the page-curl bug I just reported to Apple?

Here's the bug:

If you import AVCHD footage into iMovie (or even a screen recording made in QuickTime Player) in "Large" (not full size), the page-curl transition will corrupt when iMovie tries to play it back at the original footage's size or larger (i.e.,the effect will corrupt if you have the editing sub-window showing fairly large in the main editing window, or if you use full-screen playback, or you export the final project in a large size, such as 720p, to iTunes). This doesn't seem to affect footage shot with a Mac's iSight camera.

What will happen is, in, say, a 25-frame-long page curl (either right or left), roughly Frames 5, 6, and 7 will show plain dark gray, where they're supposed to be showing those frames of the first clip in the transition.

I've been able to reproduce this bug in iMovie 9.0.7 and 9.0.6, on both a late 2009 iMac i7 and late 2009 13" MacBook Pro. My AppleCare Senior iMovie technician was able to reproduce this on both a 2010 and 2011 21" iMac. (I wonder if this also appears in Final Cut Pro?)

I first noticed this when I upgraded my OS from Snow Leopard (OS X 10.6) directly to Mountain Lion (now running 10.8.1), as Mountain Lion "broke" every single page curl in every single project I'd made in iMovie (which had worked fine until then) over the last two years. I don't know if this bug was introduced in Lion, since I skipped that OS. Anyone out there know/care to run a test?

The AppleCare tech told me that the chance of this bug's getting fixed depends, in part, upon the volume of users like you who report it to Apple (at www.apple.com/feedback/imovie.html), and here on the boards.

So chime in (here, and at the feedback link above) if you have any observations to add. Thanks!

iMovie '11, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Aug 29, 2012 12:04 PM

3 replies

Sep 20, 2012 7:05 AM in response to kctalker

I saw something that appears to be possible curl corruption today in:

curl 7.21.4 (universal-apple-darwin11.0) libcurl/7.21.4 OpenSSL/0.9.8r zlib/1.2.5.

It stopped outputting the response content 9 characters before the end of the endline-less response and started spitting out a long string of characters that were based on the next thing it was trying to output which was the prompt:

Last login: Wed Sep 19 18:06:37 on ttys001

(my prompt that starts with mac-...)$ curl -v -H "Content-Type: application/json" -H "Accept: application/json" -X POST -d '{"name":"testing"}' http://localhost:3000/companies.json

* About to connect() to localhost port 3000 (#0)

* Trying ::1... Connection refused

* Trying 127.0.0.1... connected

* Connected to localhost (127.0.0.1) port 3000 (#0)

> POST /companies.json HTTP/1.1

> User-Agent: curl/7.21.4 (universal-apple-darwin11.0) libcurl/7.21.4 OpenSSL/0.9.8r zlib/1.2.5

> Host: localhost:3000

> Content-Type: application/json

> Accept: application/json

> Content-Length: 18

>

< HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error

< Location: http://localhost:3000/companies

< Content-Type: application/json; charset=utf-8

< Cache-Control: no-cache

< X-Request-Id: d9dc4adfc8cbf612feedc3d52b17c0b4

< X-Runtime: 0.150121

< Content-Length: 89

< Server: WEBrick/1.3.1 (Ruby/1.9.3/2012-04-20)

< Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 12:23:45 GMT

< Connection: Keep-Alive

<

* Connection #0 to host localhost left intact

* Closing connection #0

{"errors":["No route matches {:action=>\"show\", :controller=>\"companies\", :id=>mammamacmacmac-mmac-mac-mmac-mac-mac-mmac-mac-macmac-macmacmac-macmacmacma cmac-mac-macmac-mamacmamamamamamacmacmamacmamammmmmmmmmmmmamamamamamacmammmmmmmm

followed immediately by my prompt which begins "mac-". It did this only once when I ran it as the first thing in that terminal session.

Feel free to post that in your support ticket or send me a link and I can post it. There is definitely a bug.

Sep 20, 2012 8:19 AM in response to garysweaver

Hi Gary,

Thanks for your work on this! I can't tell from your post (since it was a little too technical for me), but does the bug seem to reside within iMovie or within OS X? (When my Apple technician was able to reproduce the bug on his machines, he wasn't sure whether the bug was in iMovie or the OS, and I'm wondering if your work in Terminal holds the answer.)

The link that you can post the bug to is:

http://www.apple.com/feedback/imovie.html

Many thanks for your help!

Anyone else seeing the page-curl bug I just reported to Apple?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.