In short, I really dislike the software. It does nothing I want it to do and everything I don't want it to do.
What can I do to avoid the requirement of gunking up my laptop with the bloatware that is iTunes? Is there any alternative? Jailbreaking is most likely not an option.
In that case, sell the iPad and buy something that does do what you want.
Blunt and to the point (in the same way that you were in your response to lifeluvr, so don't complain).
Plenty of people do like iTunes and happily use it with their iPad. So why are you different?
- Are you trying to use iTunes/iPad in the same way as Windows, or another tablet device? If so, stop. Instead, learn how to use iTunes. It really isn't that difficult.
- Is it simply that you have a grudge?
- You haven't been reading Steve Jobs' biography, have you?
- Did you fail to carry out any research into the way the iPad works with iTunes before you bought it?
- If all else fails, you may have to admit that the iPad simply isn't for you. In that event, go for the option I suggested at the beginning of my post. There are plenty of alternatives on the market and I'm sure you will have no trouble selling the iPad.
By the way, I have an iPod Classic and an iPod Touch, and I find iTunes a not-far-off-perfect way of managing both devices. I'm almost at the point where I'll buy an iPad, and a major selling point of the iPad for me is iTunes.