Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reset gesture and mouse preferences, syncing horizontal and vertical scrolling

I have multiple Problems with mouse and gesture settings differing from user Accounts. I am using Mac OS X Lion v.10.7.4.

Please read exactly before making any suggestions, I allready tried a lot of standard procedures allready without solving the Problems.

I explain those a bit lower after the detailed Problem explanation.

Account 1 (Admin):

OK

1. scrolling is SYNCED between horizontal and vertical scrolling/ behaves the same

(content moves same way as fingers)

WRONG

2. 4 Finger swipe up should show mission control/ dashboard but results in error (flashing screen)

WRONG

3. same with 4 Finger spread: should show desktop but results in error (flashing screen)

Account 2 (Standard User):

WRONG

1. scrolling is DIFFERENT between horizontal and vertical scrolling/ behaves different

(content moves same way as fingers in one alignment and content moves AGAINST finger movement in the other alignment. Enabling/ disabling "System Pef./ mouse: move content in the direction of Finger movement when scrolling or navigating" just changes the Problem between horzontal and vertical scrolling.)

OK

2. 4 Finger swipe up shows mission control/ dashboard.

3. 4 Finger spread shows desktop.

BOTH ACCOUNTS IN MAC OS X SYSTEM PREFERENCES ARE CONFIGURED EXACTLY THE SAME!

System Pref./ mouse: move content in the direction of Finger movement when scrolling or navigating: ENABLED

System Pref./ trackpad: NON (no trackpad via bluetooth connected/ no built in: see lower)

System Pref./ General: (scroll options)

- automatically based on input device

- jump to next page

- use smooth scrolling

System Pref./ mission control: - all 3 checkboxes enabled

- NO keyboard or mouse shortcuts

System Pref./ screen saver: hot corners only 2 activated (starting and disabling screen saver)

JUST TO MENTION, even if I'm allready sure that this doesn't cause the Problem:

I am Using a WACOM INTUOS5 TOUCH Tablet for the gestures, it supports all standard MAC OS X GESTURES + some more i guess (don't really know, only had a magic mouse before):

but he wacom tablet is definetly not the problem.

I allready backed up the user defined wacom preferences of the accounts and restored them at each other account.

This changed nothing and the tablet is configured the same in both accounts.

After installing everything was fine.

MY QUESTIONS:

How can I reset the mouse and gesture/ trackpad pref. complete?

Are there different Prefs. causing the scrolling and the gesture problems in each user account?

Should I reset them only in the user accounts or are there system wide ones who cause the problems?

Or did I miss any other possibilities solving te problems?

I'm confused because both Accounts seem to be configured exactly the same ...

J.Doe

wacom intuos5 touch tablet-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Aug 29, 2012 1:08 PM

There are no replies.

Reset gesture and mouse preferences, syncing horizontal and vertical scrolling

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.