Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Having printer trouble with Epson Workforce 600: rastertoescpII failed

I have read other threads on this issue and am having a **** of a time with this.

When I go to print from my Mac to my Epson Workforce 600 I get an error message (reading: /Library/Printers/EPSON/InkjetPrinter2/Filter/rastertoescpII.app/Contents/MacOS / rastertoescpII failed)

Sometimes I just get a pop-up that says rastertoescpII failed.

Like I stated before I came across many similar threads and other sites where people were having similar issues.

I have tried a bunch. Including removing all Epson software and reinstalling it, checking for updates, replacing inks, as well as disconnected everything and restarting from scratch. This problem has vex me to no end for the past four months.

I try to print and get the error every time. If I try 15 to 20 times, sometimes.... Sometimes I get a print through. Its very frustrating. I've already made complaints to both Epson and Apple and only get referred to each other's site and basic manuals. All of which do NOT help.

Does any one know a way?? Is the rastertoescpII connected to the ink low setting alerts?? Is there a way to disable that??

I have the printer directly set-up to the computer with the cords it came with. The problem just started to happen and will not stop.

I am not sure if (through Apple's many) small updates if a new version of something is making the connection crap!

Anyone??? Thanks!

I'm on a Mac OS X 10.6.8, 2x 2.26 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon Tower.

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Aug 29, 2012 4:46 PM

8 replies

Oct 9, 2012 9:42 PM in response to Solomon Grundy

Yes. Still having issue. It seems that (through my personal investigation- no help from EPSON or APPLE) that the issue is purely a communications compatibility issue with application to program interface.

EPSON printers (and ones like them) who have a program application that runs an ink check every time you print is incompatible with a running system that APPLE's OS uses.

Removing the program is almost impossible without making the printer default and work properly. Its a HUGE problem that neither EPSON (printer companies similar) or APPLE seem to want to address.

My best and only advise (for myself as well) is to look for a printer made after Mac's OS update (after July 25, 2012) & just follow the reviews. Mac had several smaller updates (even if you didn't update to Mountain Lion). Which as any Mac owner knows is sometimes undetected if you have the auto update set-up.

This absolutely *****! I buy ink in bulk and am going to basically us this all-in-one as a stupid copy machine only. If anyone can suggest a basic printer ONLY, they seem to be a bit cheaper and I'm not really wanting an EPSON anymore.....

Having printer trouble with Epson Workforce 600: rastertoescpII failed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.