Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wrong chapter playing when I select scene in menu

Created iMovie project with multiple chapters. Shared to Media Browser. I can see chapters that were created in iMovie correctly in iDVD.

Created new project in iDVD. Added movie from "Media." Renamed chapters in iDVD. Burned iDVD project to a DVD. Only one particular scene plays whether I play the entire movie from the beginning or when I try to select one of 9 chapters. I am able to adjust the slider to start playing at the correct point (where the chapter starts), but it does not save this correct starting point for the next time I want to play that scene. It goes right back to that same scene it plays regardless of which chapter I select. Any advice? Thank you in advance for any assistance.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Aug 29, 2012 7:30 PM

6 replies

Aug 30, 2012 1:59 AM in response to iMac-newbie

Hi

If it is - Chapter One - all the time - Then You've set of the iDVD BUG.

To do this one

• create an iDVD project and import movie to it

• find something to correct in the movie

• iDVD next time opened will notice this and ask You to Up-date or Cancel

Non of them works - iDVD BUG is set of - and all Chapters now point to Chapter One

Medicine:

• Create a brand new iDVD Project

• Do not go back

• Save as a DiskImage

• Test it and find that all Chapters now points to the right places.

Yours Bengt W

Aug 30, 2012 11:14 AM in response to Bengt Wärleby

Thank you, Bengt. It was not the first chapter that it kept playing. It was the 7th, for whatever random reason. I actually started all over, shared the iMoviei project with Media Browser, deleted the DVD project, created a new one, imported the movie from media browser, edited the iDVD project and burned a new one. For whatever reason, it worked this time. Maybe there was some sort of bug? Time-consuming, but I think it worked. Thanks for trying to help...

Aug 31, 2012 2:03 PM in response to iMac-newbie

You might try this workflow to help ensure the best quality final product and be able to check the encoded portion of the project before committing to disk::

Once you have the project as you want it save it as a disk image via the File ➙ Save as Disk Image menu option. This will separate the encoding process from the burn process.

To check the encoding mount the disk image and launch DVD Player and play it. If it plays OK with DVD Player the encoding was good.

Then burn to disk with Disk Utility or Toast at the slowest speed available (2x-4x) to assure the best burn quality. Always use top quality media: Verbatim, Maxell or Taiyo Yuden DVD-R are the most recommended in these forums.

OT

Wrong chapter playing when I select scene in menu

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.