Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Boot Camp: Ethernet doesn't work, WiFi does

Hello, I've recently installed windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit on my 2010 MacBook 7.1. The installation went great, no problems at all. I was about to install the drivers from the map "WindowsSupport". After installing all the drivers, somehow the ethernet didn't work. So i checked "Device Manager" for sure and saw "Ethernet Controller" listed in "Other Devices". Now that controller has somehow exclamation mark beside it. I've searched the internet for a solution and without luck i couldn't find any.

I either don't have the SL dvd because my school bought it and i'm using it for home work

Sorry for my bad english.

PS: i manually installed the drivers because i couldn't install it via "setup.exe" This was the reason: "This version of Boot Camp is not intented for this computer model"

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Aug 29, 2012 7:15 PM

3 replies

Aug 29, 2012 10:45 PM in response to AppleUser0019

Maybe the Ethernet driver didn't load from boot camp assistant very well.
Could you try to reinstall that specific driver by doing the following :

1. 1 Insert the CD or DVD or connect the external disk with the Windows support software.
  2. 2 Quit AutoRun if it opens.
  3. 3 Using Windows Explorer, locate the driver that you want to reinstall.
  4. 4 Open the driver to start the installation.

If you didn't find that driver or it didn't respond a way or another, boot again in Mac OS, repeat again downloading the whole drivers to a CD or an external disk and go back to windows and install them all
And I hope this helps

Aug 30, 2012 9:18 AM in response to AppleUser0019

If SETUP isn't working you have a problem.

If you used the BOOTCAMP64.msi I can understand.

If the graphic driver was a problem, reinstall.

Some Mac models / users / Boot Camp have it seems had trouble with internet chip and drivers and getting a connection... and I wish I knew why and that there was a solved thread and solution. Haven't seen one.

But setup should work.

Boot Camp: Ethernet doesn't work, WiFi does

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.