Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't print on Canon MP560

Hi. Ever since I upgraded to Mountain Lion, I am unable to print on my Canon wirelessly. It used to work without any problems before.

I've reset all the print settings on Mac, and on the Canon itself, with the right password and such.

When I add a printer, I can see it properly. No problem. But when I print, it just sits there. No error shown. But it shows me the blue "doing something" bar forever.

No error displayed on the printer either. I've switched it off and restarted it many times too.

What now? What am I missing?

Posted on Aug 29, 2012 8:26 PM

3 replies

Aug 29, 2012 9:25 PM in response to Cyberpundit

With you upgrading to MLion there could be an issue with the current driver installed on the Mac. So as a test, connect the MP560 to the Mac via USB cable. This should create a new printer in Print & Scan. See if this can print without any problem. If it does, disconnect the USB cable and remove that USB connected printer from Print & Scan. Then see if you can print with the network printer.

If the network printer still fails, then open Print & Scan and while holding the Control button, click the minus button under the printers list. A window will appear about resetting the printing system. Select this and enter your admin password when prompted. This will remove all devices from Print & Scan but not the supporting drivers, so you will only have to add the networked MP560 again. Now see if that gets you printing.

Can't print on Canon MP560

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.