Skip navigation

Refurb iPhone 4

212 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 30, 2012 4:55 AM by DCIFRTHS RSS
DCIFRTHS Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Aug 30, 2012 4:33 AM

I paid $150 to get a refurb iPhone 4 from Apple. I notice that this phone has over 9 hours of talk time loggewd on it (not from me). I was told the phones are completely rebuilt, and even though it is not a "brand new phone" that no one has ever used the actual assembled phone that I would be receiving. If that information is accurate, why is ther over 9 hours of use on the phone? Testing? I seriously doubt that 9 hours of burn in connected to a network was done to test this phone.

Thoughts?

• wjosten Level 10 Level 10 (91,420 points)
    Aug 30, 2012 4:37 AM (in response to DCIFRTHS)

Refurb phones get new cases, but internal parts may be reused. Sounds like your logic board came from a phone & was found to be OK, thus was reused in the refurb unit you got.

• stedman1 Level 9 Level 9 (50,040 points)
    Aug 30, 2012 4:42 AM (in response to DCIFRTHS)

When you set up the new/refurb phone, did you set up using data from a previous iPhone? If so, it will inherit the usage statistics.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.