Skip navigation

Having trouble downloading applications.

263 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 30, 2012 10:35 AM by seventy one RSS
fleminge Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Aug 30, 2012 9:40 AM

I have recently been given someones old Mac and have no CDs or much information about what version this is. In trying to download the new itunes to sync with my iPhone I was instructed that I needed Mac OS 10.5 but I seem to be striking out in finding this download. I have tried 10.5.1 but this does not seem to work either.

Please help!

• seventy one Level 6 Level 6 (8,455 points)
    Aug 30, 2012 9:58 AM (in response to fleminge)

First of all check the exact OS that you have.   Go to Apple menu (top left hand corner) > About this Mac > and directly below the Mac OS is a version number.

Post back with that information, then we can go further for you.

• seventy one Level 6 Level 6 (8,455 points)
    Aug 30, 2012 10:35 AM (in response to fleminge)

I don't think you have an option but to find a copy of Leopard on eBay or Amazon.

Having said that, you will eventually have to get to 10.5.8 before you can upgrade further to Snow Leopard (10.6.3 and 10.6.8).

I very much doubt your machine can get as far as Mountain Lion.

I suspect you may have to buy that elusive (or expensive) copy of Leopard  ... or progress to a more up to date machine, preloaded with Snow Leopard.   If you take the latter option you can always consult through these columns as to whether the machine you intend to buy will meet the minimum specs to meet your aims.

Minimum specs for …     Snow Leopard.  Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard -                Read the Technical Specifications

Hope you find this helpful.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.