Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard shortcut doesn't work

I'm a big fan of setting up keyboard shortcuts (System Preferences: Keyboard: Keyboard Shortcuts).

I'm editing a large file in Pages (latest version '09 v4.2) and wanted a keyboard shortcut for Insert: Page Break. I successfully added it to my MacBook Air (all my Macs are running 10.7.4), and it works perfectly.

But when I went to add it to my MacPro tower (same versions and OS), it doesn't work. It shows up successfully in Keyboard Shortcuts (see attached image), with no warning icon next to it, and I've looked to find out if if the Command-Shift-Return is used in any other app. Still, it doesn't work; when I try it in Pages, I just get the System's beep noise, telling me 'no compute.'

I've restarted, double checked updates, deleted the shortcut, even tried other shortcuts, verified there are no spaces before or after the shortcut name.

Any other ideas?

User uploaded file

2.66Ghz Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7), 11 gigs of Ram, MacBook Pro, MBA

Posted on Aug 30, 2012 12:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2012 1:54 PM

The shortcut for Page Break is command enter.

Peter

7 replies

Feb 4, 2014 6:50 PM in response to PeterBreis0807

Guys:

I have tried all the usual suspects I can think of, after having used up all the suggestions on the forums and on the apple help pages.

None of them work.

"Inset page break" is greyed out.

If I add or remove rows in the table to force a new page, the results are unpredictable and don't end up doing what I want.

This is Mavericks Pages 5.1after all.

Irwin

iMac Osx 10.9.1

Keyboard shortcut doesn't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.