Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Download iCloud Pages 09 Doc to Microsoft Word 2010 Doc on PC?

How do you download a Pages 09 document from iCloud to a PC running Microsoft Word 2010? I've tried to convert it to Word, Notepad, WordPad, a PDF file, and nothing is compatible.

I appreciate your input.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1)

Posted on Aug 30, 2012 2:22 PM

5 replies

Sep 1, 2012 3:29 PM in response to Judee Barone

Judee Barone wrote:

How do you download a Pages 09 document from iCloud to a PC running Microsoft Word 2010? I've tried to convert it to Word, Notepad, WordPad, a PDF file, and nothing is compatible.

I appreciate your input.

I have exported Pages '09 documents with some complexity as Word (.doc) files, or Best quality PDF. These files, respectively, open in Word 2010 or Acrobat Reader X, on Windows 7, with most if not all of the formatting intact in the Word file. Word 2010 prefers by default, the Microsoft interpretation of open document format (.docx), which is not supported by Pages '09. There is no full formatting conversion tool, outside Apple, for .pages to .doc/.docx formats.

1. Install iCloud for Windows. Start here.
  2. Export Pages '09 content to Word (.doc) format. Copy .pages file and corresponding .doc file to iCloud from OS X. Access from Word 2010 via iCloud.

Sep 2, 2012 3:16 AM in response to Judee Barone

How do you download a Pages 09 document from iCloud to a PC running Microsoft Word 2010?

You can do this from icloud.com ie from a web browser on a Mac or PC. iCloud.com will give you the choice to download a Pages document as a Pages, PDF or Word document.

Please read Apple's Support document titled iCloud: Get documents stored on icloud.com.

Sep 10, 2012 2:41 PM in response to Dale Gillard

That support documentation is incorrect. Currently iCloud will ONLY download in the uploaded format, unlike iwork.com where you can upload in one format and download as another.

For example:

1) Saved straight from Pages (latest version) to iCloud http://screen-grabber.com/images/1988443967.png. This shows it can only download in .pages NOT .pdf or .doc (.docx I can't remember)

2) Saved from pages as Word doc, and uploaded while logged into web based iCloud, http://screen-grabber.com/images/726925046.png. The same as before you can only download in .doc NOT .pages or .pdf.

I used to use iWork.com all the time to transport files from my home Mac to my colleges Windows computers. Now I can't do this as easy as I have to save as a .doc and then I have to login to iCloud to upload the document, rather than clicking 'Share' and it does all of the work for me.

Please Apple, fix this.

Download iCloud Pages 09 Doc to Microsoft Word 2010 Doc on PC?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.