Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stream audio from turntable to AirPlay

Hi.

I just bought me a TDK turntable and just love it.

Now I want to step it up a notch. I want be able to have the turntable stand by it self without the speakers and then stream the music to my Phillips AirPlay speakers.

I was think I might be able to use a AirPort Express put apparently only have a audio output jack and the USB only works for printers.

The turntable have both audio output jack and USB.

Is there a way to solve this so I'm able to listen to my beautiful turntable wireless?

Cheers.

AirPortnExpress-OTHER

Posted on Aug 30, 2012 3:19 PM

10 replies

Jan 6, 2013 9:34 AM in response to PelleKimvall

I have accomplished this, although it requires a Mac running Mountain Lion (OS X 10.8) as well:

1. Connect turntable to Mac, via USB or audio line in.

2. Open GarageBand on your Mac (you can also use third-party audio software tools). Start new project in GarageBand. You might name it "Turntable" for future use.

3. Create a new track. Select "Real Instrument".

4. Set input source to whichever input corresponds to the turntable (line-in or USB).

5. Turn Monitor "On" or "On (no feedback protection)".

6. Hold down "option" and click on the audio icon in the menu bar. Change output device to your AirPlay speakers.

Now when you start the turntable, you will hear the sound on your airplay speakers. This isn't ideal, but it still gets my turntable to beam to my sound system. Once you have done this the first time, you should be able to just open the GarageBand file any time you want to stream your turntable. I hope this helps.

Stream audio from turntable to AirPlay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.