Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Turtle beach PX5 optical out

Trying to get my turtle beach PX5 headphones to work with my MacBook Pro via the optical out port so I can use them for gaming and films with surround sound but I don't seem to be able to get the headphones to pick up anything. I have them connected as such PX5 -> reciever -> optical cable -> spidf headphone jack style adaptor -> MBP.

They work over bluetooth and I have used the optical port in the past and can see the red light so presume it is working ok and I can use the headphones over optical with my ps3. Does the MBP use a strange optical output or codec that the headphones can't pick up?

Tried everything I can think of such as manually selecting the headset in sys prefs and in Audio MIDI setup, which only shows 2 speakers as stereo despite the PX5 being capable of 5.1 and am now very confused.

Please help!

Thanks

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1)

Posted on Aug 31, 2012 3:47 AM

There are no replies.

Turtle beach PX5 optical out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.