Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HVDVD_TS build not playing back on iMac

Hello,

So my Father has built a DVD. It is HD format and works fine in the simulator, but will not play either from a DVD or from the DVD player or VLC. The computer being used is a late 2008 imac running Mountain Lion. The DVD build folder is HVDVD_TS.

I'm not so much botherd about random DVD players not reading this, but I'm unsure as to why the iMac will not play it, from the DVD or the build folder. Can anyone enlighten me please...?

Thanks

Posted on Aug 31, 2012 4:02 AM

2 replies

Aug 31, 2012 6:12 AM in response to double_ohh7

Hi

Don't know of any Mac that plays HD-DVDs - may be me illiterate

DVD - is as standard - interlaced SD-Video. Creating it from HD-material will not improve but most often degrade as e.g. iDVD is bad in downscaling.

HD-DVD is an exotic format that only plays on a few HD-DVD players from Toshiba.

So just making a full Quality interlaced SD-Video in QuickTime .mov (NO QuickTime Conversion ! ! ) and from this make the DVD gives me best possibly result.

Yours Bengt W

Sep 3, 2012 12:19 PM in response to Bengt Wärleby

Thanks for your reply, Bengt.

Persoanlly I don't use DVD's. I perhaps wrongly assumed that because he created the DVD folders within DVD Studio Pro, on the Mac, that he would then be able to watch them on the mac too using VLC or something similar....and I don't mean from a burnt DVD, I mean just using the files created from Studio Pro.

Shouldn't this be the case?

HVDVD_TS build not playing back on iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.