Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

the incoming mail server box on my iMac is blank so unable to get mail and UNABLE to trype the mail server into the box it refuses to accept anything in itplease help

Im having lots of bother with my Mac Mail I cant recieve or send it . On checking I noticed the incoming mail server box in my Account is blank and it refuses to let me type anything in it so stays blank . what can i do? help please.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Aug 31, 2012 8:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2012 8:52 AM

Your signature says you have 10.6.7 - is this correct? If so, and an iCloud account has already been set up (or you have migrated a MobileMe account) you can set Mail up to access your iCloud email by following the instructions here:

Entering iCloud email settings manually in Snow Leopard or Leopard

3 replies

Aug 31, 2012 9:05 AM in response to Cruiser123

Could I ask you to amend your signature - you can see why it's a good idea.

The first step for you would be to sign out in System Preferences>iCloud then sign back in again, enabling Mail and any other data types in the checklist there. This should set up Mail automatically for you - you shouldn't need to enter any settings yourself.

Your data will disappear from your Mac when you sign out, but will reappear when you sign back in.

the incoming mail server box on my iMac is blank so unable to get mail and UNABLE to trype the mail server into the box it refuses to accept anything in itplease help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.