Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

uploaded pdf-documents generates code instead of pages in firefox and chrome (however they work in safari)

this is a new problem after having upgraded to mountain lion.

when I attach a hyperlink to my pdf-document that I like to display on the web - the pdf-document will not show up in Firefox or Chrome - it generates a lot of code instead.

I have only uploaded the files to my computer (not released on the web yet) - as I can see all files are neatly displayed in the appropriate pagefolder.

One of the themes (modern) provided as a standard feature in iWeb has been used. In Chrome the menu does not show up either (although safari and firefox displays the menu correctly)

iWeb '08, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1)

Posted on Aug 31, 2012 8:44 AM

2 replies

Aug 31, 2012 3:17 PM in response to lars.stockholm

I should have given you some info about testing the local version of your site. As you probably realise, its almost useless testing your site in Safari since hardly anybody uses it.

In OS X up to Snow Leopard, we could set up Web Sharing from System Prefs but Apple made this difficult in Mountain Lion.

See the bottom of this page for info about testing the local version of your website...

http://www.iwebformusicians.com/iWeb/mountain-lion.html

uploaded pdf-documents generates code instead of pages in firefox and chrome (however they work in safari)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.