Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

connect to elettrical network

Hi all,

i restored a 20gb ipod with itunes. After a while it said me "now connect the ipod to the elettrical network to complete the restoring" (more or less). I haven't the "bridge" AC-USB, I've got only the USBcable... i tried with the Galaxy Nexus charger (with the ipod cable) but it doesn't work, still remains a picture on the display with 2 "power points" and a charger.

What can I do? Thx

iPod classic

Posted on Aug 31, 2012 10:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2012 9:28 PM

That's probably a 4th gen iPod, and when you do a Restore using a USB connection, it will ask you to connect it to the square white power adapter that came with those iPod models, as the last step of the Restore process. Third-party USB power adapters often do not work for this purpose (some do).

NOTE: Those 4th gen iPods also work with a FireWire connection, and when you do a Restore over FireWire, it does not ask to be connected to the power adapter. Later iPods that only work with USB do not have this requirement to connect to a power adapter during a Restore.

You'll probably need to get an Apple power adapter, or find someone who has one. If you have an Apple Store that is conveniently located, maybe you can make a reservation at the Genius Bar and ask them to connect it to an Apple power adapter for that last step (do NOT have them to the complete Restore on a Mac, if you are going to be using the iPod on a Windows PC).

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2012 9:28 PM in response to fede.valenti

That's probably a 4th gen iPod, and when you do a Restore using a USB connection, it will ask you to connect it to the square white power adapter that came with those iPod models, as the last step of the Restore process. Third-party USB power adapters often do not work for this purpose (some do).

NOTE: Those 4th gen iPods also work with a FireWire connection, and when you do a Restore over FireWire, it does not ask to be connected to the power adapter. Later iPods that only work with USB do not have this requirement to connect to a power adapter during a Restore.

You'll probably need to get an Apple power adapter, or find someone who has one. If you have an Apple Store that is conveniently located, maybe you can make a reservation at the Genius Bar and ask them to connect it to an Apple power adapter for that last step (do NOT have them to the complete Restore on a Mac, if you are going to be using the iPod on a Windows PC).

connect to elettrical network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.