Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wacom Cintiq Stopped Displaying under 10.8

I use my Wacom Cintiq 21UX on a daily basis for my graphics work and everything was fine under 10.7 on my mid 2010 Macbook Pro. I have now upgraded to Mountain Lion 10.8 and updated to 10.8.1 and the Cintiq now just displays 'No Sync', although if you move the pen around on the screen the MBP mouse arrow moves around so in effect the Cintiq is now just a tablet! I plugged the Cintiq into my wifes Macbook Air running 10.7 and it works perfectly. I have read that other people have been having issues with external displays under 10.8.1 so I presume I have the same issue as it is only the display part of the Cintiq that is not working.

Considering that the mac is used extensively throughout the graphics industry I am thoroughly disappionted that Apple have messed this up - maybe concentrating too much on iPhones and iPads? I REALLY need my Wacom Cintiq and wish I had not bothered upgrading my OS.

If anyone out there has a work around (other than going through the nonsense of downgrading) then please, please share! In the mean time, come on Apple sort this out as it is a school boy error on your part. I have been an Apple customer since 1991 and have always stood by you guys so please, please sort this embarrassing issue out!

Forgot to mention, the Cintiq is connected via USB and the Display Output (mini DVI I think it's called!)

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1), Same issue on my iMac 21"

Posted on Aug 31, 2012 11:41 AM

11 replies

Mar 19, 2013 8:35 AM in response to ShinobiGenbukan

Unfortunately not, it's a real downer for me as it's such a pain to hook the wacom up to my iMac (limited space) and really used it exclusively with my MacBook. I think Apple is 'too big' to worry themselves about these issues anymore, in the old days they would have jumped on this one and sorted out in my opinion.

Doubt we will ever get a fix to be honest!

May 31, 2013 12:06 PM in response to Eric Root

That may be true, but the driver is not the problem. Any monitor whether it be a tablet or a normal display will at the very least show a picture without installing proper drivers. Take for instance my MacPro running Lion which showed a picture before I ever installed any driver. MacPro running mountain lion, not so much. The only thing the driver should control is the way the tablet portion works with the computer.

Jun 11, 2013 11:41 AM in response to ukwoodgnome

I am having the same issue. I do background art and got the iMac a week ago specifically so I'd have more guts for the Cintiq and my large file sizes. Apple Care says its a Wacom software issue and Wacom says it is the machine and both say they have never heard of anything like this problem. Now I'm trying to decide whether to return the iMac which otherwise is great.

The iMac detects the Cintiq for a moment when it is hooked up, then it pretends it isn't there at all. The Cintiq works fine on my Macbook Pro - just the save times are slow.

It is really frustrating. I am starting to wish I went PC when I bought CS6.

Wacom Cintiq Stopped Displaying under 10.8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.