Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iwork issue to MacbookAir

I used to have another mac that had a cd/dvd drive, but it died. I now have Macbook Air and when I installed Mountail Lion is lost iWorks; I purchased the cd and have the license and all those #s etc. Am I totally out of luck?

MacBook Air (11-INCH, MID 2011), OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Aug 31, 2012 5:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2012 7:20 PM

Do you know of anyone whose Mac you can "borrow" briefly or, perhaps, an external optical drive? You could then make a disk image of the CD/DVD using Disk Utility & copy that to a flash drive. If you live close enough to an Apple Store you could make a Genius Bar appointment & I'm sure they could help you.

iWork '09 on the CD/DVD in the retail box does not require a serial number. Only licensing the downloaded trial requires a serial number & it is only one number that licenses all three apps.

User uploaded file

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2012 7:20 PM in response to alwayslostandconfused

Do you know of anyone whose Mac you can "borrow" briefly or, perhaps, an external optical drive? You could then make a disk image of the CD/DVD using Disk Utility & copy that to a flash drive. If you live close enough to an Apple Store you could make a Genius Bar appointment & I'm sure they could help you.

iWork '09 on the CD/DVD in the retail box does not require a serial number. Only licensing the downloaded trial requires a serial number & it is only one number that licenses all three apps.

User uploaded file

Iwork issue to MacbookAir

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.