Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't connect to samsung syncmaster screen?

Hi

I just bought a new Mac Pro with and I'm trying to connect it to a 27'' Samsung SyncMaster T27B300, but to no avail. The connectors I've tried sofar are DVI to VGA and DVI to mini DVI, but neither works. What's odd is that with the DVI to VGA the first few seconds after booting the screen sometimes show up ( in a different resolution), and switches off when the computer is about finished booting.

The Samsung did work as a tv yesterday, and I'm able to walk through its menus, so it's working up to some level at least. The Mac Pro seems to work as well as I'm hearing a nice voice talking about all kinds of stuff (I wanna see it 😢 )...

I've read there's a few people who have problems with connecting Samsung SyncMaster Monitors, but I cannot seem to find a good solution. If there's anyone with good advice I'd love to hear it.

Thanks in advance,

Casper

Mac Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8), Samsung SyncMaster T27B300

Posted on Aug 31, 2012 4:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2012 4:54 PM

Use HDMI.

You do need an adapter, but it is a very simple one.

DVI adapts directly to HDMI with no signal conversion required.

5 replies

Aug 31, 2012 5:39 PM in response to CasperNST

A new Mac Pro will have Mini DisplayPorts in addition to DVI.

A Mini DisplayPort converter should work, as long as you are not connecting three displays.

About this Mac > ( More info ) > Graphics & Displays should correctly indicate the name of the display and the type of connection (HDMI)

You then need to set Resolution and Underscan/overscan correctly.

Aug 31, 2012 6:07 PM in response to Grant Bennet-Alder

Then I suspect there's something wrong with the screen. I've connected it with the HDMI to mini DVI and that didn't work... I can't go to About this mac unfortunately, the samsung is the only screen I've got atm. , and not doing the name SyncMaster any good 😉

Thanks for the replies though, I'll keep this updated for when there's a working solution.

can't connect to samsung syncmaster screen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.