Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to restore deleted Iphone 4s contacts, without itunes backup

iPhone 4S

Posted on Aug 31, 2012 5:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2012 5:37 PM

got icloud?!

settings>icloud>check to see if your signed in or have contacts on, if you do then turn off contats, keep on phone, turn back on, merge and your contacts should show up again

48 replies

Aug 31, 2012 5:57 PM in response to mhemani9

Since you have given no explanation at all about your situation, it is very difficult ot guess why.

The iphone is designed to be synced to your computer or cloud service regularly. All of your contacts should be on your computer. Your iphone just allows you to take them with you.

If you fail to sync them regularly, then you run a risk of losing them.

May 25, 2013 10:46 PM in response to mhemani9

Ok - here is a crazy fix.

After accidentally deleting contacts on the iphone 4 and then pluging it into itunes while failing to stop an automatic backup - (thereby overwriting itunes contacts with the now blank contacts from the iphone (all gone...) my wife came up with the following fix...

1. Open message app - Pick a message thread which has a name.

2. Scroll up and open contact info. There was the contact.

3. Then select - 'share contact' - choose 'by message' - and send it to yourself.

4. Then you will recieve this message as 'attachment: 1 contact'.

5. Open it and then select 'add to existing contact'. When this opens you can see all of your contacts.

She did this three or four times and played around some more with different messages and suddenly by the fourth time you could see all the contacts through the contact app. This last bit is a little vague but at least by step 5 you can see that all your contacts are still in your phone somewhere. Play around after that and with a little luck someone can add the details of the last step.

Good luck - hope you can also save $99 buying software to do this for you.

Jun 6, 2013 5:39 AM in response to mhemani9

mhemani9 wrote:

Hello,

Just Follow Some Steps Are:

>> Firstly Tap The Setting

>> Than Tap The iCloud Option

>> Than Sign In The iCloud Using The Apple ID And Password

>> Than Click On The Storage And Backup

>> And Restore The Backup Which You Have Made

>> Than Your Contact Are Back In The List.

I Hope That Info Is Usefully

<Link Edited By Host>

Jul 19, 2013 10:29 AM in response to mhemani9

I was just looking to fix the same problem. All of a sudden my contacts were gone/empty.

Been lazy and never set up iCloud. So all these other suggestions weren't going to work.

What I ended up doing

Double tap home button

Hold down on an icon that appears on bottom of screen and close all running apps

Tap home button again

Power off your phone

Turn phone back on

Open contacts and they should be restored.

Hope this works for you and any one else with the same

Problem. I'm off to go back up my phone to a computer and the cloud.

I've learned my lesson.

Good luck.

Jul 23, 2013 8:35 PM in response to mhemani9

After accidentally deleting contacts on the iphone 4 and then pluging it into itunes while failing to stop an automatic backup - (thereby overwriting itunes contacts with the now blank contacts from the iphone (all gone...) my wife came up with the following fix...

1. Open message app - Pick a message thread which has a name.

2. Scroll up and open contact info. There was the contact.

3. Then select - 'share contact' - choose 'by message' - and send it to yourself.

4. Then you will recieve this message as 'attachment: 1 contact'.

5. Open it and then select 'add to existing contact'. When this opens you can see all of your contacts.

She did this three or four times and played around some more with different messages and suddenly by the fourth time you could see all the contacts through the contact app. This last bit is a little vague but at least by step 5 you can see that all your contacts are still in your phone somewhere. Play around after that and with a little luck someone can add the details of the last step.

Sep 1, 2013 11:24 PM in response to mhemani9

Actually, there are two ways to recover lost contatcs of iPhone, one is from the iTunes backup files, another one is recover them directly from the iPhone with the help of iPhone Contacts Recovery software, since you are wondering about the way without the using of iTunes backup, you can choose a kind of iPhone Contacts Recovery software to recover your contacts in a few steps and it is very easy and fast, you can have a try!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.