Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

sync nano with new pc

I just purchased a new PC, and am trying to sync my iPod Nano (6g) to it through iTunes). Everything is setup - iTunes is running, recognizes the Nano, the PC is authorized, and the iPad is connected (USB).

Since this is a new PC, iTunes has zero music in it currently, but the Nano has everything.

User uploaded file

Is there a way to downward sync from the Nano TO iTunes (iTunes wants to download to the Nano) so I bring the Nano data back?

Referring to a similar post for my iPad (https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4256950?answerId=19438887022#19438887022&ac_cid=op123456#19438887), I tried right clicking on the Nano device, but the "Transfer Purchases" doesn't do anything. I assume because the music on my Nano aren't purchases, but music I copied from my own CD's.

If I click on "Sync Music", iTunes wants to replace the Nano content - which would wipe the music.

Any suggestions on how to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance

Harry

iPod nano, Windows 7, 6g

Posted on Sep 1, 2012 12:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2012 9:31 AM

See this excellent user tip from another forum member turingtest2 outlining the different methods and software available to help you copy content from your iPod back to your PC and into iTunes.

Recovering your iTunes library from your iPod or iOS device

B-rock

3 replies

sync nano with new pc

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.