Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OS X 10.6.3 Why no software updates found?

Hi,

I recently installed Snow Leopard 10.6.3 on my 2009 aluminium Macbook using a DVD. The installation went fine. I then went to Software Update so that I could update the system to 10.6.8. It said there were numerous updates to install but, for some reason, the 10.6.8 update did not complete downloading and was therefore never installed. Now when I go to Software Update it tells me that no new software updates are available. My ultimate goal is to install Mountain Lion but I know I need to upgrade to 10.6.8 first. Can any of you help? My computer spec is more than adequate (8GB RAM, 250GB HDD, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo).

Many thanks,

Jamie

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.3)

Posted on Sep 1, 2012 6:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2012 6:35 AM

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1399

6 replies

Sep 1, 2012 12:41 PM in response to hpr3

Thank you all so much. I looked for that all afternoon and couldn't find it for some reason. I've already downloaded it and got it installed (downloading Mountain Lion now). I still don't understand why it had told me there were no software updates available but I suppose that is no longer important.

Thanks again, I sincerely appreciate it :-)

OS X 10.6.3 Why no software updates found?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.