Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My WD lost contact with my snow leopard program mac desk top I need to know how to reconnect

My Western Digital Time Machine stopped backing up and when I try to locate the issue the message is cant find the back up disk .... how do I fix

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8), when I am asked to set up a locatio

Posted on Sep 1, 2012 8:05 AM

8 replies

Sep 2, 2012 10:46 PM in response to pegtime

There may be ways of retrieving the data, but you coul try a couple of other things just before giving up on the drive.

1. Do you have an alternative USB or Firewire cable you could try (depending how it's connected to your Mac).

2. Does the WD external disk allow connections via both Firewire and USB (mine does)?. If so, if connected via USB try connecting using Firewire instead - and vice versa.

3. Do you have any other devices - USB stick, Printers, etc - that you could plug into where the WD is normally connected. Do they still work? If they do, it would suggest that the ports are OK and the issue is with the WD.

If all this points to confirming the WD has failed I guess you need to get a replacement drive and start over with TIme Machine.

My WD lost contact with my snow leopard program mac desk top I need to know how to reconnect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.