Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sounds are not working with apps

Sounds are not working with apps such as temple run or angry birds

iPad, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Sep 1, 2012 9:58 AM

14 replies

Sep 1, 2012 10:04 AM in response to aminavirani

Have you got notifications muted ? Only notifications (including games) get muted, so the Music and Videos apps, and headphones, still get sound.

Depending on what you've got Settings > General > Use Side Switch To set to (mute or rotation lock), then you can mute notifications by the switch on the right hand side of the iPad, or via the taskbar : double-click the home button; slide from the left; and it's the icon far left; press home again to exit the taskbar. The function that isn't on the side switch is set via the taskbar instead : http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4085

Sep 1, 2012 10:42 PM in response to aminavirani

Settings > General > Use Side Switch To lets you set what the switch on the side of the iPad above the volume switch controls (and yes, only one thing can be controlled by that switch at a time) :

User uploaded file

The function that isn't being controlled is set via the taskbar instead : double-click the home button; slide that from the left; and it's the icon far left; press home again to exit the taskbar e.g. if the side switch is controlling notification mute then the left-hand end of the taskbar will show the following icon for controlling rotation lock :

User uploaded file

Have you looked at this page : http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4085

Aug 1, 2013 10:08 AM in response to aminavirani

This might sound simple but sometimes simple things are missed.

Check if the phone is airplaying sound to another device or if your bluetooth is enabled. I found the other day that I lost all my system sounds on my iphone but as soon as I got into my car the sounds start playing on my car music system via bluetooth. So I turned off the bluetooth on my phone and gess what?, my phone start working normal.

good luck!

Wilbert

Sounds are not working with apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.