Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MagSafe stopped working

I have an older MacBook mid-2009. It doesnt charge with MagSafe, when the plug is plugged in, it doesnt show any light. The wire near magnetic plug have been naked for 1 year now, I havent payed much attention to it, but my friend once touched it and get an electric shock. Lights werent working right either, it never showed green.

Is there a way to get a replacement?

MacBook, Mid-2009

Posted on Sep 1, 2012 1:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2012 1:18 PM

in the US, yes: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4127. If you are not in the US bring the mac and charger to your nearest Apple store or AASP and see what they say.

7 replies

Dec 3, 2013 8:21 PM in response to Gaeos

Unfortunately the Apple Magsafe power cord is not only "not safe" but it is a sub-par product. Apple really should be ashamed of themselves for this. I never had to replace the power cord on any of my PC products but it looks like I will have to replace the cord on this macbook pro TWICE in less than 3 years.

And the cords aren't cheap. I'm starting to lose my faith in the Apple Brand.

MagSafe stopped working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.