Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Are iphone conversations secure and private? I was recently asked to verify my ID over the phone.

Are iphone conversations secure and private? I was recently asked to verify my ID over the phone. I was reluctant to give private info.

iPhone 4, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Sep 1, 2012 10:22 PM

4 replies

Sep 2, 2012 5:43 AM in response to Gab

CDMA cellular transmissions are encrypted. I believe the same is true of GSM. While it is certainly within the realm of possibility that someone with enough technology, enough time and enough interest in you and your activiities could conceivably get access to your conversation, they cannot be casually intercepted. I would be far more concerned about information sent over an unsecured WiFi network or by people standing near you and listening or watching you while you were providing sensitive information.

Are iphone conversations secure and private? I was recently asked to verify my ID over the phone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.