Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot view my edited photos on iPhoto

I have uploaded my holiday photos onto iPhoto and i edited all of them. However, I think the original copies may have been deleted? I dont know if this can happen but it has meant that the now edited photos apparently don't exist and i cannot do anything with them. When i click on them it comes up with a triangle with a ! in it. I cannot do anything to the photos (eg. copy or use them as a desktop background or send them). I do have copies on my sd cards but will i have to delete these photos and upload and edit again. If so how can i stop the problem from happening again?

iPhoto '11

Posted on Sep 1, 2012 11:38 PM

1 reply

Sep 2, 2012 12:14 AM in response to jobbin2013

The ! turns up when iPhoto loses the connection between the thumbnail in the iPhoto Window and the file it represents.

Are you running a Managed or a Referenced Library?

A Managed Library, is the default setting, and iPhoto copies files into the iPhoto Library when Importing. The files are then stored in the Library package

A Referenced Library is when iPhoto is NOT copying the files into the iPhoto Library when importing because you made a change at iPhoto -> Preferences -> Advanced. (You unchecked the option to copy files into the Library on import) The files are then stored where ever you put them and not in the Library package. In this scenario you are responsible for the File Management.

Cannot view my edited photos on iPhoto

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.