Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes is currently unavailable......

When I'm streaming TV shows that are purchased through iTunes I receive an error message every 9 minutes saying "iTunes is currently unavailable. Try again later". When I resume it starts right away, but after 9 minutes the same error message ocur.This is happening to every TV shows I have tried, approximate 15 or so.

This doesn't happens when I stream a movie on my appel tv from iTunes, it is only when streaming TV shows from iTunes on my appel tv.

When I stream a tv show from my iMac which is downloaded it works fine.

I have tried to connect my appel tv with both Ethernet and WiFi, but every 9 minutes I receive the same message that it is currently unavailable.

My appel tv (latest model, 1080) is updated to latest version.

I tried to reset my appel tv using micro usb, but it didn't help.

Old threat on the issue: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3674094

But It didn't help me.

Could someone please help?

AppleTV 2

Posted on Sep 2, 2012 3:02 AM

3 replies

Sep 17, 2012 5:27 AM in response to kjosmund

I have exactly the same issue. I think I have narrowed it down to an itunes issue but that said I can't for the life of me think what.

Basically, I have tried my Apple TV on wi-fi & ethernet, I tried the settings fixes that were listed on the internet, I made sure all software was up to date, reset it, restarted it etc. I then took it to a mates house and tried it on a completely different network / router configuration - no luck, every 9 minutes on the dot it stopped.

Took it back to Apple TV and got a replacement and the same thing happens. So I got my mate to bring his down here and stuck it on my network and it worked fine. Logged into his iTunes account on my Apple TV and guess what? It works fine.

So the common denominator in all of this is my iTunes account but try as I might I cannot think why it is doing it. Have checked settings etc and to no avail.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Mar 26, 2013 12:05 PM in response to Enertia Digital

This is crazy. Created an Itunes login for the forums just to post this.

My AppleTV gave me "Itunes not available" every day when I tried to stream a movie. I had to restart the AppleTV to get it to work for the day. Changing Dolby from auto to ON fixed it.

WEIRD! Just wanted to share in case anybody else having the problem found their way here.

iTunes is currently unavailable......

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.