Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Exchange connection to server failed

I've been using my exchange email for months without any issues and then one night it just stopped working and it says the connection to the server failed. I hadn't changed anything on my phone so I was surprised it just stopped working. I've tried deleting and readding the account numerous times, I've rebooted, I've reset, I'm not sure what else to do at this point. I haven't changed any settings or updated my phone so nothing has changed in the setup. Any suggestions would be appreciated

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Sep 2, 2012 4:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 3, 2016 3:58 AM

Hi , i have users in my company using mobile iron on the Iphone 6. They are not able to access emails on their Iphones and they are getting " Connection to the server " error message. We tried Re-enrolling the device and also deleting the profile on the whole. still the user are not able to access emails.

Need your suggestion.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 3, 2016 3:58 AM in response to kayla2454

Hi , i have users in my company using mobile iron on the Iphone 6. They are not able to access emails on their Iphones and they are getting " Connection to the server " error message. We tried Re-enrolling the device and also deleting the profile on the whole. still the user are not able to access emails.

Need your suggestion.

Sep 21, 2012 2:44 PM in response to kayla2454

I had a problem connecting to my exchange server. It turns out that Exchange will only allow ten devices to be partnered to your account at a time. Apparently I have a problem with new phone.(Attending the 12 step program now for treatment.) I had this message in my inbox when I logged in to check the server. "You have 10 phone partnerships out of the maximum allowed 10 partnerships. After you reach the maximum, you can't create additional partnerships until you delete existing ones from your account. To do so, sign in to Outlook Web App, click Options > Phone > Mobile Phones, and delete any unused partnerships." I followed the instructions and delted all the old accounts...problem solved.

Jul 2, 2015 10:32 PM in response to JBC0217

I have the same issue logging in via webmail and outlook on pc works fine just will not work via exchange account on iphone (not sure if other phones like samsung too but yh) just tried to iphones. Have rest networking settings (for something else) nothing have deleted other email accounts same still nothing. Only 2 users have access so assuming not a limit thing. cannot send and email from that account via iphone - it says cannot send mail - the message was rejected by the server???? yet outlook and webmail fine.???

Thanks

Exchange connection to server failed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.