Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I transfer videos from my iPad to my PC

I have bought videos using the iTunes on my iPad 2, they work very well on it but they are television series and collectively they are taking up too much space on my iPad so I would like to transfer the videos from my iPad to the iTunes on my windows computer. Is that possible? I have tried just simply syncing my iPad but it doesn't seem to work. It goes through a process of searching for purchases but it will on transfer purchases of books, music and apps. Can you give me a hand? Thanks.

iPad 2, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Sep 2, 2012 5:22 AM

9 replies

Sep 2, 2012 5:32 AM in response to MJayneC

Have you tried to force the transfer of the purchases by right clicking on the iPad name under the devices heading and selecting - Transfer Purchases? You do this while the iPad is connected to the PC and with iTunes running.

Transfer purchases.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1848

If it isn't working - did you purchase the movies with the same Apple ID that you are signed into on your PC? And are you sure that the videos are not in iTunes? Look in the TV Shows Tab of iTunes.

Once you transfer the videos to iTunes, you will still have to delete them from the iPad in order to make room on the device. You can unselect them in iTunes and sync again to remove them or you can delete them from the device itself in the TV shows tab of the Videos App via the Edit button.

Dec 28, 2013 12:50 AM in response to MJayneC

You can follow the two steps to move iPad movies to computer

Step 1. Install and Run Coolmuster iPhone iPad iPod to computer Transfer on Your Computer

Connect your iPad to computer, and then quickly install the free trial version on your computer and then launch it. Then you'll see your iPad info in the main interface. If the program can't detect your device, you can try to re-detect it by following the instructions on the interface.

Step 2. Export Movie from iPad mini, the new iPad, iPad 2 to Computer

After connecting and launching program, you can see all your iPad data have been categorized into different folders, such as music, movie, TV shows, etc. Just go to "Movie" and choose all files you want to export. Then hit the big "Export" button on the top of the panel.

User uploaded file

Feb 13, 2015 2:16 AM in response to MJayneC

Have a try MobiKin Assistant for iOS to transfer videos from iPad to computer easily and quickly. It is an excellent software and can sync data from iOS device to computer easily. These data including text messages, contacts, music, photos, video, tv shows, voice memos, podcasts, ringtones, books, etc. Beside, it can support almost all iOS devices, including the latest iPhone 6 plus/6, iPhone 5s/5/4s/4, iPad air/mini, iPod, etc. High compatibility make it become the one of most professional iOS tools. You can have a free try. Believe it can help you a lots.

How do I transfer videos from my iPad to my PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.