Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aperture 3.3 not syncing edited photos to iOS devices

Not sure if this is a recent phenomena or not, but I cannot get my edited Aperture photos to sync with iPad / iPhone - only the originals are synced to the iOS devices. Is this a bug or is there a workaround does anyone know?

Posted on Sep 2, 2012 10:04 AM

10 replies

Oct 21, 2012 3:32 PM in response to pj777

This was happening to me as well.

1) Make sure Aperture is set to render Previews (Preferences -> Previews "Always share Previews with iLife").

2) Quit Aperture and iTunes, then open iTunes and resync.

3) If it's still not syncing the current version of a file, go back to Aperture. Select the unsynced photos. While holding down the Option key, select Photos -> Update Preview. Check Window -> Activity to see the Previews being generated.

4) When done generating the previews, repeat Step 2.

Oct 21, 2012 4:16 PM in response to pj777

pj777,

if all fails, delete the iPod Photo Cache inside your Aperture Library:

• Quit Aperture, log off and on again.
  • Make sure, you have a working backup of your Aperture library.
  • Ctrl-click the Aperture library, select "Show Package Contents".
  • Then delete the folder "iPod Photo Cache" inside the package.
  • Launch Aperture again. It will rebuild the cache.
  • Try to sync again.

Léonie

Oct 24, 2012 2:01 PM in response to pj777

Pj777 - You are not alone my friend, the version of aperature I have is 3.4.1, and I have the same issue. I have even tried to generate new previews, with having over nearly 4k of pictures my itunes is only syncing 346.

I have tried numerous tasks mentioned in these fourms by kind readers, and also what has been suggested above, however I am at a loss....

Nov 4, 2012 3:24 PM in response to pj777

I am seeing the same problem as you. New images in Aperture show up on my iOS devices and deletion are handled correctly. Edits are often ignored by iTunes sync. Generating new previews or deleting the "iPod Photo cache" are sometimes a solution, but never for long. This is still happening on Aperture 3.4.2, iTunes 10.7 and iOS 6.0.1. I've sent a bug report to Apple via feedback.

Aperture 3.3 not syncing edited photos to iOS devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.