Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where to find dashboard plist preference files?

Hi There,

My calculator widget is duplicating numbers. I have done some research, and it all leads to deleting the dashboard preference plist files.

Now, ive read I need to go to User/Library/Preferences, and the files are called com.apple.dashboard.plist, however, I cannot find them, even using spotlight.

Does anybody know where I can perhaps

A. Reset the calculator widget? (Need to re-install. Removing it from dashboard and adding again does not work)

or

B. Where to find the plist files?

PS: I like the apple calculator dashboard so please dont suggest adding a 3rd party one.

Many thanks

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1)

Posted on Sep 2, 2012 12:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2012 12:47 PM

Go to the Finder menubar, Finder > Go > Hold the option key down > Select Library.

It's in the Preferences folder

5 replies

Jul 14, 2014 6:33 AM in response to captfred

I'm running OS X 10.9.4 and the clock widget (second hand no longer ticking) and the weather widget are frozen.

I tried deleting these files (com.apple.dashboard.client and com.apple.dashboard.plist) but I can't locate them on my Mac. They seem to have disappeared with Mavericks.

The only thing I find online is this archived discussion, which appears to be be obsolete: Re: dashboard widgets frozen

Any ideas? Thanks!

Where to find dashboard plist preference files?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.