Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm trying to create a simple, generic novel in iBooks Author.

1) I'm trying to fix the page numbers so that, like many novels in the iBooks store, each page has its own number in horizontal view. Do i need to create it in vertical view in order to do that? I can't figure it out. All of my two columned pages only have one number, rather than each half of the page, ie, each page, having its own number.

2)the Header at the top, formatting my name and title on each page.

3) I recently submitted a 'sample' work to upload for free to the ibookstore, but of course they won't upload it. Why? I have no idea. Have I messaged them? Yes, and they send me back a bunch of bull about my font not being consistent, (the only font that was different was the chapter font. Read any book in the ibookstore and the chapter font is different, as is the dedication occasionly.) They also yapped about 'spelling' errors. But the only misspelled words were purposly mispelled, because, well its a fantasy novel. Some words and names are made up.

So....Help??

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Sep 2, 2012 12:49 PM

3 replies

Sep 2, 2012 1:44 PM in response to AvaKane

1.) You're up against default navigation with an .ibooks file & iBooks on iPad.

Suggest you look into using Pages, as an example if you need more control over elements such as this.

2.) Don't bother the review teams with 'sample' books 🙂.

As for fonts, confirm you're using iOS compatible fonts and you've tested on iPad.

Good luck

Ken

Sep 2, 2012 1:56 PM in response to K T

Well I finally figured out to use Pages right before you posted this. Many people upload free samples of their work and i've always enjoyed getting that sample feedback. Now the book looks great on the ipad now thats its been formatted with pages, BUT, i'm not getting these error messages.

User uploaded file

I'm trying to create a simple, generic novel in iBooks Author.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.