Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can a Wireless keyboard be repaired?

"can a lss blh kbad b pad"

The above was meant to be

"Can a wireless bluetooth be repaired"

The left shift and the keys QWERTYUIO do not work, thats almost all the top letters row 😟

The keyboard is a model A1314 Rated 3.0V DC FCC ID:BCGA1314 IC:579C-A1314 of 2009 vintage

I'm using ML 10.8.1 on an IM7,1 with a replacement wired extended keyboard to type the remainder of this.

The original extended keyboard also stopped working, I assume that it cannot be repaired, the only bits of it that work are the USB sockets 😟

Posted on Sep 2, 2012 1:04 PM

12 replies

Dec 28, 2012 4:16 AM in response to Chamar

Useful link, thanks Chamar - but it deals with keys that have a sticky external surface. My problem, and that also of Dave Brazendale, is that we have a whole row of keys for which internal connection(s) has/have failed. No amount of external washing will reach inside and we can't see how to dismantle the unit to see what we might, if anything, do inside. Of course, given that replacement now looks like the only option, we might as well enter the sacrificial investigation stage and apply some brute force! I'll think about it...

best wishes

Mark

Jul 18, 2014 5:02 PM in response to Dave Brazendale

By this time, 2014 you might do the replacement....... just last night I discover that the entire mnbvcxz row of my apple bluetooth -very expansive - keyboard isn't working.... and since my password at that time included some of that characters...... I CAN'T EVEN ENTER TO MY COMPUTER!

Reading this post I realize that the cost of the repair (if any 'cos I thing apple won't take care to fix an insignificant keyboard) will be more expansive than the replacement…… BUT what I goanna do is to buy another keyboard much more cheaper…..if an EXPANSIVE keyboard like this fails….what assures me that the next will not fail again?

Aug 16, 2015 5:54 AM in response to Dave Brazendale

Similar problem here! I have had the wireless keyboard for just over a year now and suddenly the arrow keys (right and left) have stopped working. The += key does not work either. And right on the other side, another key does not work anymore. This looks really "strange" as I have never had anything spilled on the keyboard whatsoever. I have a special case for it and have always been extremely careful. And the fact that the keys are located far apart from each other does not make any sense at all.

I went to a retail store and was informed that it cannot be repaired. I would have to either exchange it for another one by paying an extra amount which is almost the price of a new one. It is the first time I have a keyboard that lasts a little over 365 days!

Sep 29, 2015 3:27 PM in response to Dave Brazendale

Hello to everyone!

I had similar problems, at first when I type Shift+t to get upper T, keyboard get crazy, backspace did not work properly, key's LEFT and RIGHT did not work, then I disassemble the keyboard and assemble it again and it worked normally.

After month it appeared again but this time more key's did not work properly, whole line 3 e d c, when I type them I get like this 23 ew ds cx. Then I disassemble keyboard again and after half of hour I figured that problem is with connection at this http://s11.postimg.org/wrkv0jckj/connector.png connector (In my case) I moved it and pressed it with fingers when typing and key's was working well in some situations. So I get batteries out and cleaned this connection with alcohol. After that it work normally 🙂 Like you see now.

Jan 4, 2016 12:36 AM in response to Dave Brazendale

Hi Dave i have same problem with my magic keyboard too some keys not working also the "return" button, at begin i try to reset the connection by delete the keyboard connection on bluetooth list after when i try reconnect again with code my "return" button not function n some other too. This happen after i upgrade my OS X from Yosemite to El-Capitan. I read a lot of forum and other stuff for find solution and its no solution everyone said thats the repairation

its too much expensive and better buy new one. I really disappoint, feel like we are all fall in the trap of apple business stuff. With price more than 150€ i buy this magic keyboard and suddenly its broke without cause really clear. I never spit a liquid on my Magic Keyboard. So Apple find a solution for this...its your responsible..

Can a Wireless keyboard be repaired?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.