Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ableton Live 8 to Logic Pro 9 Switch?!?

Hey everyone,

I'm a producer and own a record label and I recently bought a Mac Mini (Mid-2007) that I have succesfully upgraded to Mac OS X Snow Leopard! I am very familar with the Mac interface so that is not an issue, but I am not familar with the Logic Pro 9 interface. I currently use Ableton Live 8.3 and Reason 6. I have used FL Studio and Reaper, but made the switch to Ableton about a year ago. I love Ableton, don't get me wrong, but I've heard some really good stuff about Logic and I want to find a way to learn it. I haven't found a good guide to Logic, but I guess most of it I can teach myself like I did Ableton. If you have any tutorials on getting started in Logic or maybe a Logic For Dummies (I Don't Know) but if you read this please link me!

Thanks,
Jacob Wolf

Logic Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Sep 2, 2012 1:15 PM

4 replies

Sep 4, 2012 8:39 AM in response to JacobWolfEDM

Hi Jacob. I use Logic 9 and Ableton 8 currently. I think that you will find Logic very similar to Arrangement View in Ableton. I prefer the layout in Logic over Ableton. I just like the overall look, as well as some of Logic-specific features like Flex editing, the arrangement window, and the MIDI tools. For the most part, you can do identical things with them. Ableton obviously has Session mode, as well, which would be more comparible to Apple's Mainstage (only $30 on the App Store).

I use Mainstage over Ableton for loops/ backing tracks with my band. If you need a DAW to use live, Logic is not a good choice but I do prefer it for recording, mixing, etc. To help me get down some of the intricacies, I picked up Logic Pro 9 Power, by Kevin Anker. I liked the way he presented things, and I got a lot out of the book. Best of luck!

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Logic-Pro-9-Power-Kevin-Anker/e/9781435456129?s ourceid=Q000000630&cm_mmc=Google%20Product%20Search-_-Q000000630-_-Logic-Pro-9-P ower-Kevin-Anker-_-9781435456129&sourceid=Q000000633&cm_mmc=GooglePLA-_-Textbook -_-Q000000633-_-9781435456129&cm_mmca2=pla

Ableton Live 8 to Logic Pro 9 Switch?!?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.