Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

every time i open iphoto it says i have 17 recovered photos. no matter what i choose, either download or delete i always get the same message and i never see any new photos

every time i open iphoto it says i have 17 recovered photos. no matter what i choose, either download or delete i always get the same message and i never see any new photos

iPhoto '11, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Sep 2, 2012 6:54 PM

4 replies

Sep 2, 2012 7:29 PM in response to RRFS

I found another link and just tried this first,, seems to have worked. the file had some old movies from my PC that maybe are not recognized by IPHOTO. Once I removed the file IMPORT the error disappeared.

The recommendation isn't to remove recovered photo folders.

Go to your Pictures Folder and find the iPhoto Library there. Right (or Control-) Click on the icon and select 'Show Package Contents'. A finder window will open with the Library exposed.

Look there for a Folder called 'Import' or 'Importing'.

Drag it to the Desktop. *Make no other changes*.

Start iPhoto. Does that help?

If it does then look inside that folder on your desktop. Does it contain anything you want? If not you can trash the folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.