Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

fixed number dialing suddenly activated

Living in Indonesia, I bought an iPhone 4 from an official retailer, incl a microSIM card. The iPhoe is (officially and legally) unlocked, and when going to holidays I usually buy local prepaid cards and insert them without problems. Being abroad, I lost my original Indonesian SIM card, and after coming back home, I went to my retail store and got a new one (with the same number). But now, every time I insert the new card, the message "fixed number dialing is activated" appears on the screen, and the iPhone shows no connectivity to any network or provider. Just out of curiosity, I put the new card into another phone (Sony Ericson) - and it worked! I put another SIMcard into my iPhone - it worked. So, what is the problem? And what is the solution?

Posted on Sep 3, 2012 4:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2012 4:33 AM

Contact your carrier & get a new sim card.

Fixed Dialing Number (FDN) is a service mode of a GSM phone's SIM card. Numbers are added to the FDN list, and when activated, FDN restricts outgoing calls to only those numbers listed, or to numbers with certain prefixes. Not all SIM cards support this feature, a PIN must be entered beforehand, which is unique to each SIM card and provided by the network operator. The PIN to enable this is separate from the PIN to lock or unlock the SIM. Many parents use this to restrict calling on phones given to children.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 3, 2012 4:33 AM in response to Noah Elias

Contact your carrier & get a new sim card.

Fixed Dialing Number (FDN) is a service mode of a GSM phone's SIM card. Numbers are added to the FDN list, and when activated, FDN restricts outgoing calls to only those numbers listed, or to numbers with certain prefixes. Not all SIM cards support this feature, a PIN must be entered beforehand, which is unique to each SIM card and provided by the network operator. The PIN to enable this is separate from the PIN to lock or unlock the SIM. Many parents use this to restrict calling on phones given to children.

Sep 3, 2012 11:45 PM in response to Noah Elias

Thanks, problem solved ... although: the tekkies in the retail store did not believe that we need a new card. For more than 2 hours they tried to unlock the card when inserted in another phone, what actually was possible. But each time they put the unlocked card into another phone (e.g. my iPhone), it locked itself up again ... But it is their money they are burning, isnt it? 😎

fixed number dialing suddenly activated

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.