Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCal, iCloud, Iphone Alerts - ahhhh!!!

I have just upgraded to Mountain Lion and now I can't stop iCal added alerts to events when they finally appear on the iPhone.

Scenerio:-

* Create event (timed or all day) on iPhone with no alert. Event appears in iCloud and iCal with no alert.

* Create event (timed or all day) on iCloud with no alert. Event appears on iPhone and in iCal with no alert.

* Create event (timed or all day) on iCal with no alert. Event appears in iCloud with no alert but on iPhone it has an alert.

All auto alerts are set to None on iPhone and in iCloud and iCal.

Whats going on? Never happened in Lion. Its also happening on a second iOS device (1st gen iPad) so clearly its something that iCal seems to be doing that only affects the sync to iOS.

Any help greatly appreciated as this is driving me to distraction.

Regards

RADAR

Posted on Sep 3, 2012 5:53 AM

4 replies

Sep 3, 2012 8:45 AM in response to Niall Mallyon

I have the same problem, but I discovered this only a few days ago; I don't know if it is present since the installation of Mountain Lion or since the 10.8.1 update.

I could add that the alert added on the iPhone for an all day event is at 00:00 (my iPhone will wake me at midnight, great!) I could add also that for a timed event created with an alert, the iPhone add a second alert at the time of the event.

I also look forward to find a solution.

iCal, iCloud, Iphone Alerts - ahhhh!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.