Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with flash. Safari doesn't recognize that I'm up to date.

This problem just started happening around time I updated to mountain lion. Can't play any flash videos because it says my version of flash is out of date. Prompts me to adobe's website where I downloaded latest version of flash. System preferences confirms I have latest version of flash. Still won't let me play any videos on safari and says the exact same thing.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1)

Posted on Sep 3, 2012 6:58 AM

2 replies

Sep 3, 2012 10:50 AM in response to fisheresque

Open System Preferences > Flash Player then select the Advanced tab. Click: Delete All

You may have the latest version installed, but follow the instructions for uninstalling any prior versions here > Troubleshoot Flash Player | Mac OS

If you have the ClickToFlash extension installed, that can prevent Flash based video from streaming. It can also be installed as a plugin in /Library/Internet-Plug-Ins.

And check to see if Safari is running in 32 bit mode. Right or control click the Safari icon in your Applications folder then click Get Info. If the box next to: Open in 32 bit mode is selected, deselect, quit then relaunch Safari.

Problems with flash. Safari doesn't recognize that I'm up to date.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.