Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

put hard drive from A1150 into A1226

I currently have a Macbook Pro A1150 that I put a new hard drive in. I am getting a A1226 and wanted to know if I put the hard drive from the A1150 into the A1226 if it would work, at least enough to upgrade to Mountain Lion and if the upgrade would fix the hard ware discrepencies. I am going to completely reform the hard drive from the A1226 for my wife so I am not worried about problems putting that in the A1150.

Thanks

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Sep 3, 2012 7:22 AM

4 replies

Sep 3, 2012 7:32 AM in response to jbginz

Have no idea of those model numbers, years would be better to post then Model # as Apple uses 2 or 3 different model number for each MBP (and a # identifier like 5.1, 7.2 and so on. In fact those model # you listed aren't even shown in OS X).

If the newer unit is from mid 2012 not it would work. None of the newer models can boot Snow Leopard.

Get a SATA to USB adapter and clone your newer Mac drive to the new HDD that came out of the old system.

Putting the newer HDD in the old system may or may not work right off the bat. May or may not have to format and reinstall. Only testing will tell.

Sep 3, 2012 7:43 AM in response to Shootist007

I never said new, just said I put a new hard drive in the one! I was a diehard PC user until my PC screen died and the Macbook was given to me. 7 yrs old and boots faster and runs better than my new PC desktop at work convinced me that we are now a Mac family! Thanks for the help Shootist007. I appreciate it you saved me a trip to the store and some money.

put hard drive from A1150 into A1226

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.