Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I disable the mute & disable the lock rotation at same time?

I need to disable both the lock rotation & the mute from the side switch but I can't, I have to choose between one of them, how can I fix that?

iPad 2, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Sep 3, 2012 8:37 AM

10 replies

Sep 3, 2012 8:44 AM in response to Sawaf7

Settings>General>Use Side Switch to>Lock Rotation. Double tap the home button, swipe to the right and make sure that the speaker is icon unlocked - no line through it. The side switch will lock the screen and system sounds will be controlled with the software switch in the task bar.
User uploaded file

Sep 3, 2012 9:01 AM in response to Sawaf7

1. Set the lock rotation like I described above.
  2. Then unlock the screen if it is locked with the side switch - if it is locked.
  3. You will see the lock icon in the upper right corner of the iPad if the screen is locked.
  4. Then double tap the home button and swipe to the right.
  5. The speaker icon is all the way to the left.
  6. Tap on the speaker icon if it has a line through it.
  7. The line through the speaker icon means that the system sounds are locked.

Tap above the task bar when you are done.

Sep 3, 2012 3:56 PM in response to Sawaf7

In the settings - set the side switch to lock the screen. then flip the side switch back and forth to make sure that the switch is controlling the screen rotation.

If it is controlling the rotation, go to the software switch in the task bar and see if the speaker icon is showing.

Oct 13, 2012 6:36 PM in response to Diavonex

If I check lock rotation on "Use The Side Switch To: " menu, the sound volume icon still appears when I press the side switch back & forth. In the task bar, the volumn icon appears. Seems to me the Lock Rotation is not functioning. It's locked up all the way. I have the same problem with Sawaf7. We want both speaker volume control (for side switch) & at the same time the rotation remaining unlocked. The current situation is just only to choose one, not having both.

How can I disable the mute & disable the lock rotation at same time?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.