Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

com.apple.ImageCaptureCore error 28

Hi,

I'm having this error: com.apple.ImageCaptureCore error 28 when i try to import a video with preview and also when i try to drag it to the desktop from my iPhone 4S.

Please help!

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Sep 3, 2012 9:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 11, 2017 7:53 AM

Your hard drive is full, clear off some files and you'll be fine. Make sure you have enough space on your computer hard drive - go into your phone settings and see how much video and photos are on your iPhone --- Settings > General > Storage and iCloud usage. Click on the drive you are copying to and see how much free space you have.c It's a ridiculous error that come from apple who force us to use the image capture program from 6 years ago!

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 11, 2017 7:53 AM in response to discdirectplay

Your hard drive is full, clear off some files and you'll be fine. Make sure you have enough space on your computer hard drive - go into your phone settings and see how much video and photos are on your iPhone --- Settings > General > Storage and iCloud usage. Click on the drive you are copying to and see how much free space you have.c It's a ridiculous error that come from apple who force us to use the image capture program from 6 years ago!

Oct 8, 2013 4:56 AM in response to discdirectplay

Look, I keep on getting this error code on video's. I think it might be a size problem, so the file is too big. That's my opinion. Not 100% sure though.

I can do it on a PC but when I do it, I have a lot of files and it might take a while.

PC:

1. Plug your device in

2. Your PC should come up with a message (*device name*, "import pictures and videos", "open device to view files", etc.) after the device has been plugged in and installed (on a PC, just plug it in and at the bottom, it should come up with "installing your device", then "your Apple iPad (or whatever device you have) has been installed succesfully". It should install automatically after plugging the device into your computer.

3. Click "Open device to view files".

4. Click "Internal storage".

5. There should be one (if not, more) folders. One of those folders would be your camera roll AKA: photo stream.

If there's more folder's, don't worry, just quickly go through and check them to see if it's your camera roll (if not, go back a page and try another folder until you find it).

6.From the camera roll folder, scroll down until you find the video or photo and copy and paste it.

#Note: The photo's probably won't come up straight after you click on the folder, they'll sync previews (they won't transfer the files). If you have no idea what I mean by this (which I get the feeling some might), just click on the folder's (when trying to find the photo stream) and

#Note: I'm not sure if it's a good idea to rename any of the folder's or files as it may cause some confusion on your device and result in some issues in regards to your device unless you have already copied the file out of the camera roll folder (unless you have already copied the file to another destination such as your desktop or your personal folder on your computer).

#Note: I did this on my iPad and this definitely won't work on Mac or anything else like Linux.

Any questions? Please reply to this message and not another one. Give me a thumbs up (a like (button below)).

... You're welcome. Sorry if you don't have a PC. Try and get acces to one then put it onto a USB.

com.apple.ImageCaptureCore error 28

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.