Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Rockfish external Hard drive (USB) and Mountain Lion

Hello all,

I have a Rockfish USB external hard drive box in which I placed a 1 tb hard drive taken from my Windows Machine.

I has worked great with my iMac 27 via Lion and can also be accessed via Windows running in Parallels, but since I installed Mountain Lion, the drive does not stay connected. I have not tried accessing it via Windows in Parallels (YET).

At power up the finder sees the drive (three partitions, one is Windows (so I can only read - contains old windows docs, etc), the next was partitiion as a TimeMachine backup drive, worked fine, and the third is formated as a Mac compatible partition). Shortly after 'seeing the drives' I get the error message about improperly disconnnecting a USB device and the drives disappear.

I connected it to my wife's macbook (still running Lion) and it's fine, as I type I am putting copies of all her photo files onto it, sort of as a stress test, and backup LOL...

So any ideas? I am going to try it connected to my Minimac next (also running Mountain Lion) to see if it works there. I'll post back later.

Mike

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.2), 27

Posted on Sep 3, 2012 10:01 AM

2 replies

Rockfish external Hard drive (USB) and Mountain Lion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.