Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to predict which video projectors will not work with the 2012 MacBook Air using the Mini-display to VGA adapter?

I recently upgraded from a 2011 MBA to a 2012 MBA due to the larger capacity SSD. The 2011 MBA running Lion and Mountain Lion worked with every video projector for lectures. The new 2012 MBA is hit or miss with video projectors. It is not an adapter problem. I have multiple Apple mini-display to VGA adapters with the latest firmware. They all work just fine with the 2011 MBA. Re-starting the 2012 MBA with the adapter and projector connected has not helped.

It it not acceptable to have a laptop that works with projectors some of the time. Apple is aware of the problem. Is the only choice to go back to the 2011 MBA?

RC

iMac Intel, Mac OS X (10.4.9)

Posted on Sep 3, 2012 2:25 PM

4 replies

Sep 20, 2012 6:49 PM in response to cgardnerma

I installed 10.8.2 update today with my 2012 MBA. The details of the update include: Resolves a video issue with some VGA projectors when connected to certain Mac notebooks.

I tried using the MBA with a video projector and it found the correct resolution and connected with the projector automatically. Using detect displays in the disoplay preference pane wasn't even necessary.

I hope this is the fix I have been waiting for with the 2012 MBA.

Thank you Apple.

RC

(http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5460)

Is there a way to predict which video projectors will not work with the 2012 MacBook Air using the Mini-display to VGA adapter?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.