Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can only view first page of multipage documents.

Have OSX-10.4.11; Safari 4.1.3. Even though I can't view more than the first page, such as in a brokerage statement, I can print the other pages. This started about 2 months ago. Can't sort out the cause nor correction.

iMac G4, Mac OS X (10.4)

Posted on Sep 3, 2012 3:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2012 6:12 PM

Hi Gene,

Is this in Preview?

9 replies

Sep 16, 2012 5:07 PM in response to BDAqua

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you; some other matters took precedence.

Yes, on "normal" pdf documents, and the problem ones when viewed in "Preview," I see these. They are not there in the problem documents I describe below.

(Please excuse my lack of clarity in trying to explain what I'm experiencing.)

There is no problem in viewing multiple pdf documents in a pdf file, without having to go to any Preview function.

The problem seems to only be when the original document, such as a multi-page broker statement, consists of multiple pages in an overall pdf document, where each page is not a separate pdf file. I had another party, who also has access to these statements, try viewing the document. She says she has no problem in scrolling down to view any page without going into "Preview." This is the way it was with me until a couple of months ago.

I suppose I can live with the "Preview" approach, but in addition to being inconvenient, it's easy to miss multiple pages since there's normally not an indication on the first page how many pages follow. I ran into this a couple of times with some non-broker documents.

Would still like to resolve this if possible.

Thanks,

Gene -

Sep 17, 2012 1:00 PM in response to BDAqua

The other Party is not a Mac user; I just had her check to be sure there wasn't something at the sender's end causing my problem. Apparently there is not.

Even though there is a "pdf" at the end of the address string where the download is coming from, the Get Info does not come up in the File menu when the download is in the window.

HOWEVER, the last couple of times I tried downloading the very document I was having trouble with, it appeared directly in the Preview format (with all the black border stuff) and I could scroll down to see any page. Before all this began (and on my wife's iPad), none of this border stuff was/is there. Have no idea what caused this new way of automatically displaying multipage documents.

I guess I can live with this form of display if it doesn't revert to requiring the Preview selection every time.

Sorry about the wild goose chase.

Gene -

Can only view first page of multipage documents.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.