Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ical remove appointments

Hi,

I know this may sound like a stupid question but there it is:

I've scheduled many recursive appointments in iCal.

As the days go by, I end up with old recursive appointements left before the current day.

I'd like either:

1. Autodelete thoses old appointments or

2. Know how to select a range of old appointments so I can manually delete them (just can't find a way to multiple select those items in the monthly/year view

Thanks,

PS: I guess I could also try to use Automator.. Anyone done it?

Jean

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Sep 3, 2012 6:03 PM

3 replies

Sep 4, 2012 4:26 AM in response to johnnygoodface

Hi Ri-dog,

Thanks, but unless I'm getting senile, not only Shift-Click will only select one date after the other (I mean I can't even select a full range starting on date A thru B in the Month View or any other view for that matter), but when you hit Delete (it displays the "Delete All future items" and "Delete only these Events" buttons because those are recursive appointments) and click on "Delete only these Events", it will only delete the LAST date of you selection (so only ONE day will get deleted)

That has to be a bug in Mountain Lion

Keep record of old appointments: those are recursive appointments (like: do jogging at 8pm) so I don't really care about those old entries 😉

Jean

Sep 4, 2012 9:20 PM in response to johnnygoodface

Jean,

Ok, I see your problem. I am actually getting the same bug on my end. As far as I know there isn't a fix for it but if you bug apple enough, they might include a fix in the 10.8.2 OS release.

As far as automator goes: It's worth a try if you have any experience with creating workflows, tell me how it goes for you.

Ri-dog 😉

ical remove appointments

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.