Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod touch screen/display problems

Hi, I have either a 3rd or 4th generation ipod touch. My sister found it at her job a while ago, and nobody ever claimed. It operates perfectly, it simply just does not display correctly.I plan on fixing it and am wondering, does anybody know exactly what the problem is with this ipod? The screen has no exterior physical damage, but there is black spot in the top left, the white bar on the left side, and 90% of the screen is dimmed. The only part that displays properly is the top half centimeter about 1.5 inches from the right side (you can see the line going through calendar, photos, and camera). Thanks for any help.

User uploaded file

iPod touch, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Sep 3, 2012 9:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2012 11:17 PM

Try #2 and #3 in link below. If neither work, you most likely have a hardware issue--like a bad logic board or screen.

Basic troubleshooting steps

User uploaded file

17" 2.2GHz i7 Quad-Core MacBook Pro  8G RAM  750G HD + OCZ Vertex 3 SSD Boot HD 
Got problems with your Apple iDevice-like iPhone, iPad or iPod touch? Try Troubleshooting 101
In Memory of Steve Jobs
6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 3, 2012 11:17 PM in response to kevbp5

Try #2 and #3 in link below. If neither work, you most likely have a hardware issue--like a bad logic board or screen.

User uploaded file

17" 2.2GHz i7 Quad-Core MacBook Pro  8G RAM  750G HD + OCZ Vertex 3 SSD Boot HD 
Got problems with your Apple iDevice-like iPhone, iPad or iPod touch? Try Troubleshooting 101
In Memory of Steve Jobs

Sep 26, 2012 5:21 PM in response to kevbp5

See, you got talents you didn't even know you had. Now put an ad on Craigslist and start repairing them in your area. ;-)

User uploaded file

In Memory of Steve Jobs

Ipod touch screen/display problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.