Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my MacBook Pro with retina display stall when I tried to install Adobe Acrobat Pro X?

When I try to install Adobe Acrobat Pro X on my new MacBook Pro with retina display, it completely stalls and never finishes. It goes very quickly in the beginning, and says it only has about one minute left, and it says it "running package scripts" when it stalls. It starts to drive the fans nuts and it starts to drain the battery power enormously, going from full charge to only 50 minutes of power left within 30 minutes. I had to force quit in order to make it stop, and then when I tried to reboot it appears that it was still trying to install the background as the computer was shutting down.

I have removed a previous installation of Adobe Acrobat Pro X just the day before, and I'm thinking that perhaps this may be due to a sloppy uninstall? I used Cleanapp in order to remove my previous installation. Thanks in advance!

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1)

Posted on Sep 4, 2012 12:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2012 12:33 AM

Press Shift key in boot and install that

5 replies

Why does my MacBook Pro with retina display stall when I tried to install Adobe Acrobat Pro X?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.