Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro DVI / HDMI display no longer recognized. VGA works fine.

I have a 2006 macbook pro with DVI out. I use a dvi-hdmi converter to watch stuff on my epson projector. I haven't had a problem in six years until this week. HDMI monitors are no longer detected by my computer. DVI to vga works fine. Tried resetting PRAM, system memory, & deleting preference files per other discussions. Nothing in my setup has changed. What the ****?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), VGA monitor still works

Posted on Sep 4, 2012 12:28 AM

2 replies

Sep 5, 2012 1:44 AM in response to drewgergen

Ok. Reinstalled snow leopard. Computer now responds when I plug in dvi cable. Goes to blue screen like it is going to switch resolutions & work, I get all excited, and it comes back to normal resolution with no video output to projector. Fail but a small step in the right direction. I am installing original 10.4 disk that came with the computer. Nuke everything & start over. I used to love you zealously apple. What happened? Can you give me reason to believe once again?

Macbook Pro DVI / HDMI display no longer recognized. VGA works fine.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.